2018 Annual Institute
2018 Annual Institute
Society of Policy Scientists
November 1-3, 2018
The World Bank Group headquarters in Washington, DC
"The Policy Sciences and Sustainable Development"
The agenda for the 2018 Policy Sciences Annual Institute is currently being developed, and will be posted here once it is finalized in the coming several weeks.
The 2018 Policy Sciences Annual Institute will focus on new, cross-disciplinary sustainable development solutions. A particular emphasis will be the application of the Policy Sciences – for example, through existing innovative solutions or by sharing ideas and perspectives – relevant to the ‘problems’ set out by the SDGs at any level, in any context. For this reason, we encourage participation by policy scientists who conduct work in any field and at any level— local, state, national, or international.
Session proposals: submission instructionsWho may present? We are seeking proposals from practitioners and students at different stages of the research process and within their careers. We welcome proposals of work completed, published, or in development. Society membership is not required to submit a proposal.
How do I submit my proposal to present at the 2018 Institute? Proposals should be 1 page maximum and use the following format:
What’s the submission deadline? For consideration, please submit your proposal by Monday, August 13th.
- Your name, institutional affiliation, preferred title, and email contact:
- Title of your presentation:
- Summary of presentation: [300 words max]
- Requested session format: e.g. panel presentation; roundtable discussion; debate; lightning talk; "fishbowl" interview; 3-min tech demo; etc -- please note that we’re looking for creative session formats.
- SUBMIT TO: Executive Council Co-Vice Presidents: Craig Hammer (email@example.com); and Charles Norchi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When will I learn if my proposal has been accepted? The Committee will consider and accept proposals on a rolling basis, until all presentation slots are allocated. Final decisions for the program agenda will be made on or before by August 31st.